Oh man, you guys. I love brunch. I love a delicious Benedict and a mimosa on a beautiful Sunday (or Tuesday) morning.
I also love getting my money’s worth when I spend it. So let me just say that The Overland Cafe is my kind of place.
They have…BOTTOMLESS MIMOSAS! Yeah, unending. When you purchase your brunch or lunch meal, you can have unlimited champagne for $6.99. You purchase the OJ separate, but since I’m of the “very little juice in my booze” camp,
the half carafe is just fine for me. They just keep plunking down (mediocre) champagne as soon as your bottle is empty.
The food is good, not like holy shit amazing, but it’s good. I always get the Crab Cake Benedict with extra hollandaise on the side, because I’m indulgent like that. Their menu is pretty extensive and they have a lot of beer on tap.
Boozy Mommy Pros:
- Bottomless mimosas (duh)
- Pretty decent high chairs
- The noise level would drown out any unruly toddler
- Did I mention bottomless mimosas?
- It’s a pretty lively, happening place, so you can feel like an adult.
- The service is great. It’s busy so those ladies and gentlemen know how to keep things moving along.
Boozy Mommy Cons:
- It’s ALWAYS packed. If you don’t make a reso you’ll have to wait. And they don’t seat you until your entire party is there. So tell your friend that’s always late to kick it into high gear.
- The bathrooms are small. Not really set up for diaper changes or any of that. My husband changed the baby in the car.
- Parking can be shitty in that hood. You may have to walk a bit. They have a parking lot but that’s hit or miss.
- The tables are all pretty close to each other. I could forsee that being an issue if you’ve got a mover and a shaker.
Overall, I will be returning with my babes in tow. It was a fun enough experience to make up for the fact that both my baby and my husband ate half my Benedict. There were kids of other ages there and no one looked at them sideways so I would say you can brunch proudly with your minions at The Overland Cafe.